Supervolcano, caldera, fissures, geothermal, geyser, hotspot
BBC supervolcano introduction clip below
2. Using map below and the map NT p17 A, answer NT p23 question 1.
3. Using the diagram below, draw a simple version of a cross-section of a supervolcano annotating with geysers, caldera and geothermal.
4. Put a heading ‘Differences between supervolcanoes and composite/shield volcanoes’
5. Write 3 differences using the following hints: Size, shape, impact.
6. Using the hot spots clip below and the diagram explain what a hot spot is.
7. Using the Yellowstone scenario clip and NT p23 answer question 5 NT p23.
a. What is a supervolcano?
b. Give 2 ways they are different to normal volcanoes.
c. How will the Yellowstone supervolcano erupt?
d. Briefly state what the impact will be?
World Map of Supervolcanoes
Cross section of a supervolcano